Saturday, October 9, 2010

Four Color Fear

I picked this book up after reading about it in the last issue of Rue Morgue Magazine. I've always had an interest in horror comics since I was a kid & I pick them up when I can. This collection is interesting because it focuses on non-EC related titles. I didn't realize that EC made up only 7% of the horror comics industry in the 50's before the comics code came in & ruined it. It does have some EC artists who worked with other companies & a lot of the comics are in the same style as EC.
One thing I really like about this book is the inclusion of the covers printed on gloss paper in the midsection of the book. Check out the video below to get a look inside the book.
If you are a fan of horror comics or a fan of contemporary titles like Hellboy, The Goon, Walking Dead, I wholeheartedly recommend you check this out. Fantagraphics did an awesome job.


No comments:

Post a Comment